|View of the inside panel|
My last steps were to fold and pin the two Kelly green sheets together at their longest sides, closing the piece and making the bag shape. Using my moss green felt, I cut out a large oval that would act as the base of the bag. I was eye-balling the project, so I made my oval FAR larger than I needed.
I opened the cylinder as wide as possible, and pinned the moss green oval to the base of the head (just below the mouth.) Then, since I was guesstimating sizes, I cut away the excess from the base, stitched it up with the sewing machine, and then sewed the long side of the face.
Finally, I turned the whole bag right-side out, and attached a length of scrap ribbon inside the head to create the handle.