Sunday is normally the day of rest here on the radmegan blog, but I received the Stylish Blogger award from TWO, count ’em TWO whole people, and wanted to fulfill my stylish bloggin’ duties while giving proper thanks where proper thanks is due.
First off, let me say that I love awards. When I was in the fifth grade I wanted to be the Citizen of the Month sooooo badly. What says, “my kid is better than yours” like a citizen of the month bumper sticker? I had to have one- and after a grueling month of staying in my seat AND paying attention in class, victory was peeled off of its paper backing, and applied to the bumper of my dad’s old jalopy.
You gave me an award, and I got crazy happy.
Secondly, let me tell you how much this blog means to me. If any of you think I roll out of bed at 10am and slap together a blog post for that day, you are mistaken, my friends. There are DAYS of research, preparation, skill-development (and hopefully refinement), photo-taking (and re-taking), processing, uploading, annnnnd then writing. It means a lot to me to present a craft, recipe or garden tip that I love and think you might love too. To have people actually respond to the posts I write? That makes my day. I adore my readers, and love my followers. I can’t even tell you how much it means to me to read your comments. I’m hungry for more- don’t be shy people, I want to hear from you!
Now about the award. The Stylish Blogger Award first came to me from The Creative Muslimah, who is so kind and super talented! She reached out to me at the end of December, and boy does time fly! When Cassandra, from Flight of the Pook sent me an email last night about awarding me with the same honor, I was totally stoked, but also wanted to hurry up and post about it… because yay for awards!!!
The 4 duties to perform upon receiving this award are: 1. Thank, and link back to, the person who awarded you this award 2. Share 7 things about yourself 3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers 4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
1. Thanks given! Done and done.
2. 7 things about myself? Oy. Here goes…
1. I’m probably way taller than you. I’m HUGE in real life, which is handy for reaching the top shelf in the kitchen, but not for finding jeans long enough to cuff.
2. I want to have a craft book and cookbook published this year. Maybe saying it out loud, here, to you, will somehow make that more possible.
3. People I would love to have tea with (in no particular order) are: Amy Sedaris, Tomie DePaola, Neck Case, Donna Hay, Nigella Lawson, Gordon Ramsay, and Richard Clarkson.
4. My biggest crafting influences are: My mom and Jim Henson.
5. My biggest cooking influences are: My mom, Mimi, and travel.
6. Speaking of travel, I need more please. Rick Steves is one lucky duck with that nifty job of his.
7. I saw an ad once for a cooking class organized by Donna Hay down in Australia. I don’t know if she’s still hosting them or not, but I would love to attend that. Her magazine and cookbooks are so lovely, and I bet she’s nice in real life.
3. Name 15 Great Bloggers (these are people I adore and read them constantly- not all are new bloggers, but all are my faves and worth a look.)